Monday, May 14, 2012

For MOMs by MOMs: Pregnancy

I talked some about my pregnancy last week, so I won't bore you with the same details again.  I will say, that while I loved being pregnant and I loved feeling the babies move and watching my belly move, it was a lot more painful than I expected.  Hannah was high and in my ribs the whole time, and by 18 weeks or so, she had dislocated a rib.  Needless to say, I didn't do a lot of sitting from that point on.  The guys would laugh @ me in Sunday School b/c I would be sitting in the chair as straight as possible, pushing Hannah down out of my ribs the whole time!  I also struggled the whole time I was pregnant with the fear of pre-term labor.  b/c of my job, I have way more than the average exposure to premature infants, and I lived in fear of having preemies every day.  It got really hard the further along I got and when I could go over and look at babies that were the same size as my twins.  I'll never forget going over and seeing a 25 weeker when I was right @ 25 weeks.  It was crazy...in the same way that it created extra fear, it was also really cool to have a visual to see of just where my babies were at.  I went on "bed rest" @ 32 weeks.  Basically, I could do what ever I felt like, but I wasn't allowed to work anymore and I got to the point where I didn't feel like doing a whole lot.  Towards the end, my blood pressure started to get up there and I swelled up HUGE!!!  I went to get a pedicure the week before I had the twins and the little guy doing it was traumatized when he looked down and realized that he had left his finger prints in my foot while rubbing it!!  Definitely one of those funny pregnant moments I won't forget!

I made it to 39 weeks.  My goal from the day I found out I was pregnant was to make it to term, and make it I did.  I tried to convince my Dr. to do my c-section (both babies were breech) earlier, but he wouldn't budge.  Since the babies and I were stable, he said we had to wait...Those last two weeks, I tried SEVERAL times to put myself into labor just so I could be done :) My doctor was great though, and he promised me somewhere around the time I was about 35 weeks that if I made it that far, he would section me as soon as I got to 39 weeks, and he held true to his word.  Part of what made it so hard for me those last 2 weeks was that my best friend was also pregnant and she had her little boy 2 weeks to the day before the twins were born and so since Rylan was here, I felt like he play mates needed to be here to play with him!!!


Like I said before, I enjoyed being pregnant...even if I was stressed out the whole time...and I can't wait to have another one!!  I'll leave you with my last belly picture I took.  This was 5 days before I had the twins and I was DONE being pregnant at this point!!


2 comments:

Heather said...

Bless you for making it to 39 weeks! My OB agreed to induce at 37 weeks because the girls were already a good size and very healthy...and 37 weeks is considered full term for twins.

Thanks for linking up with us!

Unknown said...

Wow!! That is amazing you made it that far!! I bet you were feeling all kinds of pain because I know I felt it at 37 weeks!! Hah!! Your are amazing and a trooper!! Thanks for coming to link up girl!!:)