Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sucker Punched...

So yesterday morning I show up at Critter Camp with Rocky to drop him off for doggie daycare...yes he goes to daycare, it's a long story that will have to be explained another day though! :) Anyway, as soon as we walk in the door the lady is like, awwwww....Rocky needs a brother. I was like, what are you talking about. Then she started telling me about this little black corgi that they had that had been abandoned and if it didn't get adopted by Friday they were going to have to take it to the pound. Well, of course, I was sold, however, I did what any good wife would do and went home and talked about it with my husband when he woke me up at lunch. Of course he was all for it, so when I went back to pick up Rocky, who was soaking wet from playing in the swimming pool all afternoon, I signed all the papers and paid my $80 and will go pick him up tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited for Rocky to have a playmate and I pray that he is as well behaved as Rocky. He seemed to be when I met him yesterday. He's really cute. We are now trying to think up a name for him. They people at the kennel were calling him Handsome, but Billy is not a fan of that one and so he's working on thinking up a new name.

As a side note: Please be praying for one of Billy's players. His name is Tommy. He broke his leg fairly severely last night at practice and had to have surgery on it. I went and checked on him this morning before I came home from work and he's doing good, just in lots of pain and pretty bummed. He's a senior and definitely had a chance to play in the NFL. I don't know how that will all play out now. Also be praying for his family as they travel over here to be with him. He is from Hawaii and so they have a long road just to get here.

Well, it's time to take my grandma rollers out of my hair and finish getting ready for work. Later!

2 comments:

stine said...

i think yall should call him bullwinkle....so then it would be rocky and bullwinkle!!!!!!!!

stine said...

i'm going to call him bullwinkle...cuz it makes me laugh