Thursday, August 27, 2009

Just around the corner...

Well, football season is literally just around the corner. Abilene and Northwest Missouri kick off the season tonight. This is the one game this year in which I will root for ACU. We kick off the season on Saturday night. I've had butterflies and knots in my stomach for a week and a half now over this game. I know our guys will play their hearts out and hopefully we will win.

Work has been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stinking slow these last couple of weeks. I am not rooting for people's kids to get sick by any means, but I'm ready to claw my eyes out b/c of boredom most nights. Thankfully NICU is busy, so we are at least still getting to work and getting our hours in. The Lord has definitely been faithful to provide these last couple of weeks.

Billy and I have set up a budget and are trying to stick to it...so far so good...we've only been at it a week though!!! It helps that we both are really busy and don't have time to spend a lot of money, and limiting our budget for eating out has helped drastically also. We are splurging this week and getting our bikes worked on though. It's finally cooling off enough that we can ride them and not die of a heat stroke in the process.

I have one more night of work this week and I must admit I am rather excited about it. I am exhausted and hoping that I sleep as well today as I did yesterday. We'll see. Guess I'm not ever going to sleep well if I don't go to bed, so to bed I go.

1 comments:

Momma Jac said...

Thank you so much for checking out my blog!!!! I started following ya'lls and I love it! My husband actualy coaches high school football in Arkansas, he is the offensive coordinator and quaterbacks coach. We have been at this bigger school for 2 years and we really like it-the school is one of the largest in AR. Eventally though I think he wants to get back to college coaching-he played quaterback at Ark State for four years and then did GA work there also! I am so sorry I am just getting back to ya girl also you know how crazy it has been with football season! Well, I hope you have a great weekend! Oh, and I also want to tell you-thank you for doing what you do-peds nurse! We have had an experience with our youngest and I still am so thankful for the peds nurses we had and I think about them often!