Tuesday, March 8, 2011

31 Weeks/Baby Shower

This past Sunday was our baby shower. We got tons of really cool stuff and probably my most favorite part was all the books that we got. In the invites the hostesses put this cute little poem about giving us a book with a special note in it instead of a card b/c if you're like me, you don't keep cards, but the books will get used a lot!!

This is a pictures of some of the books that they got, plus their little play mat. Billy of course has been wanting to put everything together already so that we can try everything out, but since we haven't even started their room yet, we're holding off on opening stuff and putting it together.

As you can see from this picture, we got TONS of stuff and have still been getting more stuff in the mail every day. Thankfully we have a storage building where we can put a lot of it, b/c at this point I don't know where else it's going to go!!! The babies got tons of cute clothes/burp rags/blankets and lots of toys.

My hostesses and I...what can I say about these girls...they have made life survivable these last couple of years. We always have a great time when we go out for girls nights out, and they have been great resources to ask all kinds of questions since finding out we were pregnant. And of course, they have all offered to come hold babies once they get here. I am so appreciative of them and the effort that they put in to make my shower so special.

My mom, me, my sister, my Grandma Norma, and Grandma McIntosh...and no I am not wearing anymore of a heel than my sister is...she's just that much shorter than me! :)

The yummy fruit tray...

Hannah's diaper cake and her letters that the girls had made to match her blanket.

Little man's cake and letters...

And the 31 week belly picture. Pardon the look of absolute exhaustion on my face. This was after my shower, and I was totally wiped out. Who would have thought that opening presents would make you so tired, but I was exhausted. I am feeling pretty good these days. Lots of braxton hicks all the time, but so far nothing that hurts or feels like it's actually doing anything. They are moving all over the place. I love laying in the recliner watching my stomach move all over the place as they wiggle around. If all goes as planned (which we all know it probably won't), they will be here April 25th (ish). I'm hoping that I can hang on that long so that I can have a good couple of weeks @ home with them before I have to go back to work.

Spring football is over today!!!!! Woo! Hoo!!!!! I will finally have a husband back for the first time since August...He's on spring break next week, so I am hoping to be able to get a lot of the nursery/rearranging/painting stuff done in the next two weeks or so. He's going to his mom's house to get one of the cribs next weekend, and then hopefully we will be able to get the biggest part of the "nesting" knocked out. I have their coming home outfits almost completely ready. Gotta find a pair of socks for Miss Priss and have to put the "b" on Little Man's onesie and then that is done. I've been surveying everyone this week to find out what I need to put in my hospital bag, and hopefully I'll be able to get that packed in the next week or so. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday and am praying that the appointment goes as smoothly as the last few have.
One huge prayer request is that I would be able to continue working my 2 days a week until the babies get here...every day that I don't work cuts into my maternity leave, so I would like to be able to save as much of it as I can for after they get here.

Well, just heard the washer go off...guess I should go switch out laundry. Have a blessed week.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

What a great shower!! How fun!!