Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Cultivating Contentment

This is the title of the Bible Study that the ladies in our Sunday School class are starting this week. Life was definitely lived in the slow lane last night at work, so I whipped out the lesson for this week. Let me just say, God never fails to remind me at the most appropriate times that He is none other than a Sovreign God. From what I can tell from the first week of this study, I couldn't have gone through this at a more appropriate time in my life. First off...married life has been wonderful. I do not regret it one bit, however, it's also not what I thought it was going to be and I came to the realization last night that it's not what I thought it was going to be in large part because of me. This week has been really hard. Minus a couple of hours this weekend, I haven't really seen my husband in a week and a half. Between me working nights and him being gone and busy our paths just haven't crossed a whole lot. This has been extremely hard for me...especially this morning...I don't know why this morning, but I've been extremely tearful and emotional since I left work. I'm sure the girl at the Donut Stop thinks I've lost it completely. Anyway--back to the subject at hand. This week's lesson was over being discontent with life and why we are that way. It's human nature...but it's also a lack of the one relationship in our lives that should take priority over all others. Here lately, I have to say, I've definitely let that relationship fall to the wayside more than once and not only has it hurt me, but I'm quite certain my marriage has been effected by it.

So I realize that this probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to anyone...I'm not even sure it makes sense to me...maybe I'll add on later...but here it is straight from my hear at 7:45 in the morning. I pray that we would all find ourselves content in the Lord today.

0 comments: