Monday, June 25, 2007

Sunday Fun...

Yesterday was the first day that my husband and I have had to ourselves in a LONG time (literally about 2 weeks) so we made use of it by just hanging out and not doing a whole lot. We were both so tired from this last week that we were heathens and didn't go to church. I don't even remember my alarm going off and I know it was set before we went to bed. Once we finally got up we just hung out around the house playing with the dogs (we had a friend's 2 dogs for the weekend as well as Rocky) and we cleaned up a little bit. Then we decided that our original plan to go hiking in the canyon wasn't such a good idea b/c he was still sunburned from camp and I didn't want to go do anything where he was going to be cranky so we decided to go to Wonderland. I don't know who the genius was that decided that all the roads in Thompson Park and Wonderland needed to be retarred this weekend without putting down any asphalt, but they are idiots whoever they are. We got to Wonderland and when to get out of the car and Billy's flip-flop got stuck in tar and broke. I was pretty sure that was the end of our adventure b/c he was furious. So we drove back to Shoe Carnival and got him some new sandals, went and ate dinner and then went to Wonderland. It turned out to be a lot of fun and definitely something we want to do again soon! It was sad this morning. When he left for work he kissed me good-bye and told me he would see me in the morning...that's the part that stinks about working nights...

1 comments:

John said...

LOL!! Sounds like you guys had quite the adventure. Ok, to add pics, when you are blogging, there should be a little picture icon across the top menu...click and browse for pics on your computer. Pretty easy. If you don't see it, let me know. About changing the background, I had my bro help me with that and he's the computer nerd of the family, so really no clue. All I know is that he used a different website to pick it from. Sorry, no help there! :)