Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And 2 become 4...what????

Well, I went to the doctor today and had my first appointment. He put the ultrasound wand on my stomach and my heart rate immediately went through the roof...see, I've been having these dreams for weeks now that I was having twins, but I haven't really been sick so I've been telling myself that there's no way I could possibly be having twins. Well, never say never! When he put the ultrasound wand on my stomach, I instantly saw two babies with two little heartbeats. So First Down has now been renamed the "Flex Twins". Definitely still in shock. I can't quit laughing. Billy and I just look at each other and we start laughing!

I go for another sonogram on November 15 b/c Dr. D wants to do a more detailed one of both babies since I had a cleft palate and it is something that can be passed down from generation to generation. There's not anything to do about it until after they are born, but at least if we know we can already be set up with a plastic surgeon.

As soon as I figure out how to, I will post the sono pictures. What a relief to finally be able to see them and to be able to see their little heartbeats and know that everything is going just like it is supposed to.

3 comments:

ajphillips said...

I scanned mine. Congrats...Wow Twins!

♥ Sarah ♥ said...

Holy Moly! I remember the day we found out we were having twins like it was yesterday! Such a surreal and amazing experience!

I am super excited for you! If you ever have any questions, let me know. I may not have the answer, but I sure can listen!

Whitney said...

I still can't believe it!! Congratulations! Was Billy with you? I have to know his reaction?? :) I can't wait to find out what they are!