Saturday, September 18, 2010

Emotional Roller Coaster

The last 24 hours have been hard. We had Kendrick's (our football player who died 2 weeks ago) memorial service and let me just tell ya...it is an absolutely helpless feeling to sit and watch these big tough football players cry their eyes out remembering and missing a friend. I wanted to wrap every one of them up in a hug and not let go. It was SOOOOO hard. I am praying that they are able to focus tonight for the game as we will be honoring Kendrick at halftime and Tanner, his roommate and our back-up QB, will be wearing his jersey along with his parents being there to watch. That's lots to ask of a bunch of 18-22 year old guys. I know in my heart though, that they will play hard for Kendrick.

Tracy W. text me this morning, and Kodi's cancer is now progressive. Basically that means that it is not responding to chemo. The tumor on her spine is once again back and it continues to grow in her bones. Needless to say, I have spent lots of time on my face in prayer and tears. The fix it character in my personality wants so badly to be able to just wave my wand and this to all be over.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers." Romans 8:28-29

There is hope in this verse. Our FCA pastor who did Kendrick's service used this verse, and it is very applicable to both situations. I have to hang on to this verse and know that God is being glorified through all these circumstances even when it doesn't feel like it.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Awwww, Jenn!!! I'm soooo sorry! What a rough week... just said a prayer for your players family, team, and especially Kodi and her health and a cancer free body!

Ashley said...

OMG girl I am so sorry about EVERYTHING that is going on! I will keep you and your family/friends in my prayers!

On the nausea subject...girl just go get a Rx....it doesn't get better, at least it didn't for me, until 16 weeks! However, most insurances only cover a small amount of pills (they are soooo expensive!) Really nothing else worked for me. But you can still try, Sea bands, Peppermint mints(it sorta worked for me), ginger is supposed to help. But like I said they rarely worked..so their is no harm in asking for a Rx!!!

Ashley said...

17 Lbs!! That is a lot...What does your OB say?? Although I have heard women lose weight in pregnancy if they are really sick. I have several patients who lose weight in the beginning and then gain it back...but never more than their pre-pregnancy weight (make sense??) Anyway..I have heard it happen before, but every OB is different and how they will treat you.

Ashley said...

Hey I am a nervous wreck when I am pregnant! If I wouldn't feel my babies move I would run and grab a doppler or ultrasound and make sure they were okay...My bosses I am sure would have KILLED me if they knew that I did this HA!

Your body is going to protect that little one so all the nutrients you think you are losing are going to the baby first. :) Did you ever get a RX? How is the nausea?