Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Finally...

There have been lots of "FINALLY" moments in the Best household this week.

1. We got our first win of the season. The guys were super excited, and we as wives/surrogate moms are proud of them as it was a well deserved/hard earned win. We are injury laden right now and that never helps, especially when you are filling in spots w/ 3rd and 4th string players most of whom are either red shirt or true freshmen. They played well on Saturday though, and it's like Billy and I talked about last night, every little bit of experience for these young guys helps.

2. We broke 500 yards for the game. Last year we avg. 545 yards of offense per game and we had 547 yards this last weekend. It was nice to see the guys looking/playing much more like themselves.

3. Billy put the top back on the Jeep. It has been off since before we went to California in May and needless to say, it's been flooded a couple of times this summer...most recently while we were in Oklahoma for the game on Saturday.

4. Work is starting to get busy. There for awhile we didn't have hardly any patients (not that I EVER want kids to be sick) but we are finally starting to pick up now that school has started and kids are back in small confined corners. Flu season has officially hit, which DOES NOT excite me in the least, and that always means that we are going to have tons of sick kiddos.

5. We have a home game. I know it's only been two weeks since we played at home, but it seems like it has been FOREVER since we were at home. Being gone two weekends in a row, especially when one of those weekends was a 5 day trip to the Northwest, has really done me in. I can't wait to have time on Thursday to actually be at home and get laundry/cleaning/cooking/grocery shopping done.

6. I actually am able to be part of a Bible study. Because I work nights, I don't get to be a part of Bible studies very often, but our church started one that meets on Thursday mornings which means, I can just work Wed. night and then go to Bible study when I get home in the morning. The challenge will be keeping myself awake until time for Bible study to start.

That's the high points for right now. Hopefully I'll get to start uploading some pictures soon. I have to get everything backed up to an external harddrive first though in case my computer decides to bite the big one while I'm uploading stuff.

It's 2:00 am so that means I have a sweet, precious little boy who needs some medicine, his diaper changed and a bottle. I think I'll have to spend some extra time rocking him this time...

2 comments:

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Congrats!!! I know that is such an awesome feeling!!!

Whitney said...

I missed this post! Congratulations last week! I knew y'all won! Sorry I forgot to tell you! I'm putting your blog on my sidebar so I can see your updates!