Thursday, September 10, 2009

Washington or bust...

I leave today to fly to Washington for our game on Saturday. I am kind of sad b/c I am the only wife that is going so I'm still a little clueless as to who I am going to sit with. Probably shouldn't sit by any parents if last Saturday is any clue as to how I am going to deal with them the rest of the season. Lets just say, I will not be sitting in my same seats anymore at home games, and I'm pretty sure that that player's mom will think twice before she starts verbally bashing our coaching staff again...

I am excited to go to Washington, because not only do I get to go to the football game, but I also get to go visit my aunt who lives up there. I've never gotten to go visit her, so I am excited to go and stay with her.

I am praying that my flight isn't delayed coming home b/c I have an inservice at work on Monday that I have to go to and I have to get it done on Monday. For some reason they decided to only offer it three times this year instead of four and so of course Monday is the last time they are going to offer it.

Guess I should get off of here and get to packing. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Ugh! Fans are such jerks! HANG IN THERE! We've all been there and it's so hard to watch your husband work so hard and then be talked about! One time I turned around and told a guy that if he knew so much, he could go work 100 hours a week and never see his kids! He apologized later! It's hard to bite your tongue sometimes, even though that is best usually, but we're human and their talking about someone we love! Did any of you wives say anything?

Coach Carthel and his staff have turned that program around. What were they 0-10 the year before he came! Fair weather fans make me mad! If you can't stick it out and stick by these kids, then go home and don't come back, even when your're winning! Ok, I'm on a tangent now! I can be a little fiesty esp. when it comes to football! Ha! Seriously, some of those people are complete idiots and it doesn't matter what they think! I just feel so bad that you are having to deal with this. Jason sent Colby a text earlier in the week. Plus, y'all have played some really good teams. What is GV? #1 in the nation?

Prayers sent your way!

Whitney said...

Oh' my! That was perfect! Too funny! What did the Mom say or do?

Whitney said...

I will check it out! I love the pillowcase dresses and being able to wear them in the winter or summer. They only problem I've had is them being to wide/boxy, so specifically ask when I buy them for them to be a little slimmer!