Sunday, September 27, 2009

Robbed...

That was the word Billy used last night is describing his feelings about getting beat in overtime. He said he felt robbed. Hats off to our defense...they had an AMAZING game. It's actually probably the best they have played in the 4 years that we have been here. I think we had 5 sacks on the qb last night...needless to say, he's sore today I am sure. And if I do say so myself, the o-line did a great job last night. We didn't give up a sack (*disclaimer--in the stats it says that we gave up 2 sacks, but both were b/c the quarterback dropped the ball and fell on it to keep from turning it over) and we were more consistent last night than we have been all year. Billy was a nervous wreck last night b/c he started a true freshman but Shaun did AMAZING. I didn't sit down the entire game. My hats off to mom's who have kids and take them to the games. I don't think I could do it. I am wound too tight at games, I yell too much, and according to the rest of the crowd around us, our noisemakers are disruptive. I guess that's the former cheerleader coming out in me.

The heartbreak of losing doesn't get any easier to watch, especially when watching the starters who are injured and didn't get to play. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks we will get several of them back and hopefully get things rolling in the right direction.

We play Midwestern this next weekend. I'm taking my mom down early b/c she has a friend that lives in Wichita Falls and so we are going to go hang out with her before the game on Saturday.

I have to say congrats to our volleyball girls. They are doing well again this year. It's always a little bittersweet when football season starts b/c then our "Coaches Wives Club", as we like to call ourselves, isn't complete. Sarah, our DC's wife, is one of the volleyball coaches and so she doesn't get to come to hardly any of the games. She'll be here for our next homecoming game though, so that's exciting. We did get to see her at the aftergame party last night where we watched the end of the Texas Tech/Houston game. Houston won at the very end. It was a fun game to watch.

It was so good to be back in church this morning. I have missed the last two weeks having been out of town so it was good to be back this morning and it was so good to see our friends Jason and Leah and their new baby girl Kacie. (which by the way did absolutely NOTHING to help w/ my baby fever...)

Well, I guess I should get off of here and get to cleaning house. As much as I don't want to, it needs it BAD!!!!

7 comments:

Whitney said...

I didn't realized y'all lost in overtime! :( That stinks! Kingsville is supposed to be the team to beat so it looks like y'all hung in there! I think you, Shanan (her husband is the DC at TSU), and I need to be on the same team! We could all sit together and have fun yelling! I don't understand people who won't STAND UP and YELL! It's football in TX people! That's what you do! I yell the whole game and stand on every 3rd down (offense or defense) and I'm usually the only one around. The only ones in our stands standing are the student section. This is my second coaching staff to be on and I've been the ONLY wife like this on both staffs! Oh' to have a partner! Ha! :) Sometimes I feel silly and like I'm too into it! But I won't apologize for caring too much!

Good luck next week!

Shanan said...

Oh my gosh...I love meeting other coaches wives and by reading your blog, we have a lot in common! I talked to my husband today on a break, and he said that on tape it looked like yall completely kicked their butts. After seeing the tape, he said it was hard to believe yall lost. So sorry. I hate losses. It feels like someone kicks me in the stomach every time. We play Kingsville this weekend and I want to beat them so bad!!! I am already nervous! I wish we had a Coaches Wives Club...not many of our coaches are even married! Do you ever read the D2 message board? That thing gets me all "riled" up. :) Good luck this week and thanks for commenting on my blog. I will have to add yours to my list!

Val said...

I found you through some other Coaches wives and just wanted to say hi. I am also a Coaches Wife - in Whitney, TX. Good luck this season!

Shanan said...

I know what you mean about finding coaches wives that you have something in common with...I love it! It is hard for some people to understand our lives and the passion that we have for it! :)

Talk about the board and fair weather fans, even when we are *winning* some of our fans come out of the woodwork to talk about our players and coaches and then they all just start fighting with eachother. It is embarrassing. I try to stay away from it, but it is hard.

Oh I don't know how much there is to do in Stephenville! Long story, but our house was for sale for over a year and a half before we sold it in Wichita Falls. When we finally did, we only had 3 weeks to find something and we ended up living in Granbury. Do your friends that you are meeting live in Stephenville or are yall just meeting there? There are a couple of restaurants and several bars (I wouldn't even call them clubs) that all the college kids go to, but if you want any thing other than that, you might want to stay/meet in Fort Worth. The drive to Stephenville the next day would not be bad at all. As far as shopping, there is absolutely NOTHING!!!

I would love to meet you when you come though! Definitely let me know. On another thought, do you know Erin Fryar? I met her through Whitney's blog and she is a coaches wife too. Her husband is the DC at Angelo. Her blog is on both of our pages, so if you don't know her yet, you will have to check her blog out. She is very sweet. (I'm still waiting to meet her in person too!)

Good luck this weekend. I picked you all to win!!!

Whitney said...

That would be fun... I'm always game for shopping and recruiting season can be just as hard as football season. Maybe we could all go to Canton to the First Monday Trade Days or Dallas/FW or even Lubbock (I went to Tech for 2 years and love their shopping!) Just pick a weekend and I'm there! I'm lucky that my parents are an hour and a half away so they can keep my kids. Shanan, I know it's harder for you!

Shanan and I met when my husband coached at Wichita Falls High School and her husband coached at Midwestern State. Erin's husband, Matt played with Colby at ASU and Jason coached Matt when Jason GA'd at Angelo State. Craziness, huh! I have a hunch that Erin is a little more calm than all of us! Erin, if you read this, am I right? :)

Shanan said...

You have got to tell me the story about the Tarleton Campus Cops!!! Are you on Facebook?

I am up for a trip and shopping anytime. Recruiting is the worst. I can't stand it. I know that is the "most important" time of the year, but with 2 children and no family here, it is HARD. If I could have bolded that word then I would have.

Maybe I can twist some of my girl friends arms in WF to help watch my girls. By that time of year, it will be a break needed. :)

I am cracking up at all of our comments. Someone needs to start an instant chat room! Wait....maybe a message board for WIVES!!! Ha! Ha!

Erin said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, we think he is pretty darn cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it is always great to meet other coaches wifes...Finally someone who understands the madness!!!
It is a small world, my husband Matt and I both went to college with Colby Carthel and we are good friends with him and his wife Sarah! Good luck against Midwestern this weekend, we had a tough game and luckily pulled it out in the end! This weekend we head to New Mexico, another W would be great!