Thursday, January 21, 2010

Girls Week--WARNING: LOTS of pictures on this post...

So minus the fact that Billy and I haven't seen each other in a week, it's been a great week for me. It started last Friday when I headed to Abilene for my sister's senior art show and then to stay the night w/ Whitney. Saturday morning Erin picked us up and we headed to Dallas for a weekend of shopping and lots and lots of talking!! We met Shanan for lunch and Channa and Valerie also joined up with us.

This is the salad that Shanan got at Cheesecake Factory. Needless to say, along w/ consuming the appetizer sampler pictured below, we helped her with her salad and then split a piece of Dulche de Leche cheesecake. It was all wonderful.
It was a wonderful weekend and we had so much fun. I can't wait for us to do it again. It was so nice to hang out with women who like me are trucking through recruiting season as a single woman. Saturday night Whitney, Erin, Shanan and myself stayed at the Westin. We laughed a lot and of course talked a little football. (All of our husbands coach division 2 football in the same conference so we're supposed to be enemies, but I couldn't ask for four better friends!) We ate lots of good food from The Kona Grill, The Cheesecake Factory, a cute little bakery and a random pizza place where the owner made pizza for the buffet especially for us. We also had some chicken fried steak w/ mashed potatoes and gravy at the pizza place. Very random, but very good!


I was sad to leave Abilene on Sunday, but know that we will be getting together again soon. As you can tell from the following pictures I got rather bored on my way home. It's amazing how much entertainment self portraits can provide!


Work was so much fun on Monday night because for the first time in what seems like forever it was our normal crew! There's something comforting about the familiar. RSV season is in full swing (FINALLY!!!) so we are busy and all but full at work. The game of musical patients has started...enjoyable as always.
Wednesday night one of my co-workers was nice enough to come in so that I could go to dinner w/ the WT coaches wives since I was in trouble for having missed dinner on Friday to fraternize with the enemy. We ate downtown at Napoli's and of course I made myself sick eating the bread because it is SOOOOOOOOOO good. And then tonight was girlfriends night at my favorite pottery shop Brush with Art. We made really fun plates and I got to see Carissa for the first time in what seems like FOREVER! Our schedules seem to be going 700 different directions all the time, so it's nice to know that barring any catastrophes, we get to see each other at least on the third Thursday of every month for girlfriends night! We are known as the trouble makers because no matter who else sits with us, our table always ends up a little on the rowdy side!!! :)
These are the plates that we made tonight. Mine is on the L and Carissa's on the R. We were supposed to pick New Year's Resolutions to put on there, but I put my verse for the year on there instead. I can't wait to see if after it comes out of the kiln to see what the colors really look like!!
I painted this frame last week in anticipation of our girls weekend. I can't wait to print the picture below in black and white and put it in my frame. I picked it up tonight when I went to girlfriends night and LOVE the way that it turned out. The hard thing about painting pottery is that you don't ever really know what it's going to look like until after it's fired so it feels like an ongoing science experiment everytime I go paint. I have been in there enough since November that I filled up my frequent fire card and get $10 off my next project!!! So excited.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Awwww, I wish we were heading to Dallas right now!!! :( I miss y'all!!

Erin said...

So I guess you no longer need me to send pics! Sorry I was in Baltimore and didn't have my computer with the pics. Glad to see you kept yourself entertained on the way home!