Friday, January 8, 2010

40 years old...seriously!!!

What a week it has been...really I guess I should say what a crazy few months it has been. Since my wreck back in October, life has just gone crazy it seems. In the last week I have gone from wondering if I was going to have to have surgery on my neck to now knowing that I don't need surgery now, but most likely will within the next 5 years, and in this time I also discovered that on xray and MRI, my neck looks like it belongs to a 40 year old. Guess I should have been nicer to it in high school and college. While it's a relief I don't have to have surgery, it's frustrating that there's not an immediate fix for the numbness/tingling in my R arm/hand. My ring finger and pinky on my R hand have now been numb/tingling for almost 24 hours straight. Up until last night it was something that seemed to come and go, but this time it came and decided not to go I guess! Between all the doctors, I am now going to physical therapy 3 times a week, the chiropractor 2-3 times a week and then whatever doctors appointments I manage to squeeze in there inbetween all those appointments. Needless to say, I am excited for the first of February when my work schedule changes from Mon-Tues-Wed to Sat-Sun-Mon, and I will have less juggling of schedules to do in order to fit everything in. Thankfully the change in schedule is not going to be a permanent one, but it will be nice to have the extra money from working weekends consistently again!

We have been on a roller coaster as far as jobs for Billy goes. I guess that's the way it goes with all football coaches this time of the year. We are hoping for something that will pay better, but will be content with where we are if that's what the Lord has for us. I'm hoping that there will be some change for Billy's sake simply because I know he struggles with the fact that he doesn't feel appreciated at his job b/c they have made no effort to pay him better even though we've been really successful the last 5 years or so.

I must admit I am very sad that for the most part the college football season is over. We are going to watch the Cactus Bowl tonight and then the first weekend in February, all the coaching staff are going to Ruidoso/El Paso for the Texas vs. The Nation game to watch some of our guys play. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching a TON of football over the last couple of days/week or two...so much so that my husband began begging to watch something besides football!!! What can I say, I LOVE me some college football.

It has been bitterly cold here the last couple of days. The wind chill in the mornings has hovered between -6 and 0 the last couple of days. It was 1 when Billy left for Lubbock this morning. Needless to say, we have experienced our first set of frozen pipes as home owners. Our cold water in the kitchen is frozen. Hopefully by now it has thawed out a little and we can use it again. Lesson learned...leave the cabinets open and the faucet dripping at night when it's this cold!!!! I wish it would just go ahead and snow though. I don't mind the cold as long as there is a reason for it, but without snow, I don't really see the reason for the cold weather!

Well, I guess I have to quit procrastinating and finish paying bills...bleh!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I hope something will work out for y'all! Yuck, it's too cold for me here, so I would be miserable there!

Val said...

hang in there - I know this time of year is always rough. I remember when Chris was Coaching at the college level - and he was low man on the todem pole at multiple colleges. His self esteem was so low since I was brining home most of our money and he wasn't feeling appreciated in anyway - I think Coaches especially need validation from their bosses and peers more than any job and it is rough when you are not getting it - especially with all those hours and no pay on top. But like you said God has a plan and that is the only way I got through all those years of that - just having faith that God has a plan.

I'm right there with you on the neck problems - but my are from my hips being so messed up from two little girls that I love so much. I have been going twice a week for as long as I can remember - he just bumped me to every two weeks - I hope I can make it!! :) Good luck on yours too - I know how bad it is!! And with your job I don't know how you do it - I pretty much get to sit on my butt a lot of the day!

Shanan said...

Girl....I feel ya about the rollercoaster. I think that is the story of a football coaches wifes life!!! We will have fun this weekend and laugh and not think about all the stress of work, injuries, football, recruiting, doing it all by ourself sometimes...etc!!!! Hope you have a great week!!