Sunday, January 31, 2010

February 3...hurry please!!!!

February 3 is signing day. For the wives of college football coaches, that is music to our ears. It means that we will finally have our husbands back...sort of! To me, recruiting season is worse than football season b/c Billy is gone ALL the time. Thus creating a one woman show at our house. That's been especially exciting this week/weekend w/ our foot of snow on the ground. Thankfully we didn't have any frozen pipes, I have 4-wheel drive in the Jeep, and a large portion of the mess melted off yesterday. (Just as a side note, after this winter, Billy is very thankful that I was insistent that we have 4-wheel drive in both vehicles. He told me yesterday that we wouldn't ever buy a vehicle that doesn't have 4-wheel drive after this winter weather experience.) However, this one woman show is quickly coming to an end...THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! He left this morning at 5:45 to go to meetings and then has to take the last load of recruits back to central Texas. He will be back on Tuesday and then on Friday, all the full-times and their wives are headed to Ruidoso/El Paso for a weekend away! I'm super excited.

All the snow has been lots of fun and has made me wish that we had kids even more so that I would have had someone to play in all of it with. The boys have loved getting to run around in it, but they don't tolerate it very well for any amount of time. Hopefully it will melt off quickly so that we don't have remnants of this snow left over when it starts to snow again on Thursday. As usual my camera is being retarded, so I can't upload my pictures of them playing in the snow, but soon hopefully.

I start working weekends today officially. I'm excited b/c the increase in pay will be nice, however, it's not quite as easy to plan things now...I definitely have to be much more prepared and have to plan ahead of time for stuff on the weekends. Thankfully this is only a season in my life and not a permanent thing. I'm hoping in May or June to be able to go back to something closer to what I was working.

As usual, I have been a slacker and waited until the last possible moment to clean house, do laundry, go grocery shopping etc. Hopefully today is a very productive day and I will be able to get it all done and still manage to fit in a nap before I have to go to work tonight.

Crazy story for the weekend. Two of our players got hit by a train...they are okay, but the car...not so much! There are several places in Canyon where we have double sets of railroad tracks. Needless to say, they had pulled up to one and had slid up onto one of the sets of tracks. They were sitting waiting on the train on the other set of track to pass, when all of the sudden they got hit by a train coming in the other direction. Sam said the train only hit like a foot of the front end of the car, but that there is nothing left but an engine and tires on the front end! I thought Billy was kidding when he said that they got hit until I saw Sam and talked to him about it yesterday. Thank goodness they are okay. Not many people can say I've been hit by a train and lived to tell about it!

1 comments:

Whitney said...

A TRAIN! Oh' my! It's almost over! Whoo Hoo! Toetouch, roundoff, back handspring, back handspring, back flip! That's what I just did! :) Ha!