Monday, July 19, 2010

Camp 2010

So I had a blast at camp last week. It was a fast and furious trip, but a much needed one. My mom went with me b/c I had to drive back a day early to go back to work and didn't really want to drive back by myself, so it was good to have some quality one on one time with her. I made it through the week with only one kid with a broken bone, so I think I did pretty good. It was nice to get away and just enjoy the peace and quiet. My mom scared the ever living tar out of me on the way home, because she fell asleep driving and I just woke up to the sound of us hitting the rumble strip and then the ditch. It scared me to death! Needless to say when we stopped for a bathroom break 15 miles later, I took back over the driving duties.

I worked Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and then had last night off and came back to work tonight and tomorrow night and then I am off for a week. I can't wait!! Yesterday Billy was gone camping with a bunch of the other coaches, so I got to play while he was away. I spent 3 1/2 hours painting pottery and it was heavenly! Then I went home and cleaned up the house a little bit and then made dinner. We ate as soon as Billy got home and then we both crashed like rocks.

We leave on Tuesday for San Antonio/Central Texas. I am thrilled that this week is finally here, but it's bittersweet at the same time. While I know we are going to have a blast and have been anticipating this trip since I found out we were going, this is also the last week before Billy hits the football grind full-time again. I'm praying that we just enjoy the week and the time that we get to spend with each other as well as friends.

I guess that's all for now. Nothing else really very exciting going on. I'm hoping that maybe we'll get some excitement at work tonight to keep me awake. So far it's not looking so good.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I suck, I did not get you called before you left. I am glad that you took by the driving duties!