Monday, July 26, 2010

San Antonio/Boerne/Life in General

Last week we went to San Antonio for the last day of coaching school and our annual coaches retreat. It was a blast. We had a great time in San Antonio and then we headed to Boerne on Wednesday. On our way to Boerne, Billy and I made a detour and stopped in San Marcos. I spent $100 and I got two cardigans, 5 shirts, a pair of Teva flip flops and six pairs of socks...I was pretty proud of myself! Once we got to Boerne we just hung out and relaxed. We had some AMAZING Mexican food that night and then Thursday we got up and after Sarah C. got in from the airport we all packed up and went to float the Comal. I was kind of disappointed b/c the sun never really came out so it was kind of cold, but we still had a blast. That night we ate dinner and watched the Rangers game and then Friday morning everyone got up and cleaned up the house and headed our various directions. Billy and I had planned on going to Houston, but then decided that we needed to head towards home and stop and play along the way instead of driving the opposite direction. Needless to say, we found ourselves in Dallas at a Rangers game on Friday night. It was very fun seeing as how we were in a suite 3 or 4 suites down from the former president's suite. Coach Carthel had called a guy to see if he had extra tickets for us and he did. We thought that they were just going to be decent seats on the bottom level, but really didn't care where they were as long as we got to go see the game. So when we got our tickets and walked in and asked the little Rangers guy where we were at and he directed us to the suites we were WAY excited. The people who let us come were very friendly and they love baseball as much as Billy and I do, so we had a blast. Saturday morning we got up and went camera shopping. We decided to go ahead and make an investment in one so we got a Canon Rebel EOS T1i. I LOVE it!!!! It's takes fantastic pictures and we spent less than I had been expecting on it, so that was a definite plus also. While we were at Fry's to get the camera, Billy called his friend Shawn to see about getting more memory for our computer. You see, it has been slower that molasses on a cold day in Vermont for MONTHS now and I was ready to throw it out the window. Needless to say, all it needed was a little memory. It works beautifully now. I am so excited. Maybe I can actually download some pictures now without sending the computer into a downward spiral! Overall, it was a great trip and a great way to end our summer. Billy started back in the office full-time today and kids report on Aug. 10. Can't believe that football season is already here again!!

On a totally different subject...I have been reading a book and doing some research, and have decided that at least for awhile, I am going to go vegan...only where food is concerned for now. No I do not expect all of you to go vegan also, but this book that I have been reading brought up some very interesting points about the processes our meat and dairy products go through. This is not to say that I am going to be hardcore and never eat cheese or yogurt or meat again, but I want to try this and see if it helps me feel better. I have not been feeling great as of late (as in the last 4 months or so) and maybe a change in diet is what I need. Please do not try and make special accommodations if I am coming to your house, or am going out to eat with you. I am going to make this fit into my life and not the other way around. I would NEVER expect you to go out and buy special food just for me, nor would I want you to. For the most part, I'm just going to be eating lots of fruit and veggies and whole grains. Like I said, this is not a permanent thing at this point...just something I want to try to see if it helps me feel a little more human.

On that note, I have to get off of here and get my house clean. I'm having a Scentsy Party here tomorrow night, but am going to be gone to Lubbock all day tomorrow with a friend taking her little boy to the doctor so I gotta get all my cleaning and errands done today.

Peace!

1 comments:

♥ Sarah ♥ said...

Good Luck on your vegan adventures! I could never do it...I like meat waaaay to much and i'm not as creative of a cook as you!

Glad you updated your blog. I like "checkin in"