Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Life...

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Billy has been in and out all summer working camps, and the Lord has definitely blessed us with enabling us to use that money to pay off some debt. We are getting closer and closer to getting the credit card and medical bills paid off! :) I've been working lots and have started orienting a new nurse recently. I am so excited about her and the other new grad that we have. I think that they are going to be great nurses and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them already!!

We took a quick trip to Billy's mom's back in June. It was good to go visit everyone for a couple of days, but oh my stars was it hot!!! I was sweating like a fat girl on her first date, just standing still!!! We had a lot of fun, and while we were there, we went to a Sugarland concert in Shreveport. It was a blast. We took Billy's best friend Carlos with us, and I'm pretty sure that he will think twice before ever going to a concert with us again! :) I have a hard time sitting still in my seat when it's a song that I absolutely love, and I have absolutely no qualms about singing along, so needless to say I loved every minute of the concert and as Billy says, I "bounced and sang my little heart out!" Most of all it was just nice to get to hang out with Billy for a couple of days. It definitely did our hearts good.

This past weekend we got to go to Dallas for my friend Megan's wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I am so glad that I got to go and help out. I was just the helper girl for the day and did basically whatever needed to be done, but it was a great day and I am so happy for Megan. Last summer I went to see her in a production of Grease and ended up being her date to a wedding for a friend of hers. While we were at the wedding, we talked about how her mom had been commenting that she just knew they were going to be planning Megan's wedding for this summer. At the time Megan had never even met Kyle, so she just kept telling her mom she was crazy, but lo and behold, like always, momma knows best and Megan did indeed get married this summer.

On Saturday night after the wedding, Billy and I went to downtown Ft. Worth and walked around for awhile and then went and ate dinner at Texas de Brazil. Oh my gosh!!!!!!! It was SOOOOOOOOOO good. Even though my feet hurt like crazy b/c I had worn blisters on the bottoms of them from having worn my next shoes for so long, dinner was wonderful. Billy and I were talking on the way down, and he made the comment that this was the first time that we had been on a vacation/weekend getaway since we had started dating where we weren't worried about whether we were going to have enough money to get us through the weekend or not. It was so nice to not have to stress about the finances and just enjoy the weekend. On Sunday, we got up and went to Six Flags for the day and had a blast. It was nice b/c it didn't really start getting packed until we were leaving so we didn't really have to spend a whole lot of time waiting in lines, and I was so proud of Billy b/c he actually rode some roller coasters. He is not an adrenaline junky like yours truly, so even the thought of getting on a roller coaster makes him start to loose color in his face. I can't even remember which ride it was, but we got off of one of the roller coasters and he said, I feel like I should be sick to my stomach right now, and I looked back and he was white as a ghost. Bless his heart...he was trying to be adventurous for me, but I'm pretty sure that that particular coaster pushed him way closer to the edge than he likes to be!!! :) After Six Flags we ran back the the truck and enjoyed the air conditioning for a little bit then went to the Rangers game. It was so much fun, even though the Rangers lost, and it was actually not near as hot as we thought it was going to be. The fireworks at the end of the game were fabulous, even if we did keep getting nailed with all the debris from them fireworks.

Billy is in Denton for one last football camp this week, and then we get to go on a little getaway with all the other coaches' for a couple of days and then Billy and I are going to follow the lead of my sweet friend Whitney and her husband Jason and go hang out in Houston for a couple of days for one last trip and then it's back to the football grind. I can't believe that it's already July!! Time has flown by this summer!!

The most exciting new development for us is that we have decided to hire a housekeeper to come twice a month just to do the deep cleaning kind of stuff like dusting and cleaning the bathrooms really well and doing the floors really well. I'm sure some of you are thinking what the hee haw...you are a young married couple with no kids, how on earth do you need a housekeeper...I've been thinking the same thing, but here's our reasoning. Our schedules are so different from each other (he works days, I work nights), and we are both so busy with work, that by the time we get home and have time to do all the deep cleaning, it usually falls on the one or two days a week that we actually have time to spend/see each other, and I don't enjoy spending the precious few hours I have my husband to myself, cleaning the house. So since Billy got a raise, and I got a promotion that comes with a raise (which was not planned), that is our present to ourselves. So now the search begins for a housekeeper.

I wish I had pictures to put up from all of these adventures of late, but unfortunately, my camera has died. I'm hoping that I can at least get the pictures that are on my memory card off and downloaded, but we are on the hunt for a new camera as we speak.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I'm off to workout and then head to work.

--JB

2 comments:

Erin said...

Finally, a post! I am glad that the extra money has been helping with debt, that is always a plus! On to the housekeeper, I think that is a great idea! We love ours and it is so nice to not spend all my spare time cleaning. We had one even before kids so don't feel bad!

Whitney said...

We're getting a housecleaner too! Secured one today... she's coming every week during football season. I'm a clean freak! Maybe after the season, we might do every other week- we'll see! You definitely deserve one if you work! That's my opinion! :)

Glad y'all have had some time together!