Monday, August 30, 2010

And 2 become 3!!!!

Well, it's official, we are going to have a baby this spring. We just found out yesterday and I am only about 4 weeks, so at this point we aren't telling anyone. (Which may be one of the hardest things I have ever done!!!) We aren't going to say anything to anyone, including our families, until after my first appointment, and that is not until October 20. I am kind of bummed that we have to wait that long, but hopefully with it being football season I will be really preoccupied and have plenty of other things to think about to keep my mind busy between now and then. We are both really excited. I am still a little shell shocked I think, because this is the first month that we actually tried, and I definitely wasn't expecting it to be a one and done kind of thing. We are proof though that you can get pregnant during 2 a days!!! So far I am feeling good. No nausea yet (hoping it doesn't ever come!!!), but I am definitely a lot more tired than I normally am.

I originally didn't think I was pregnant because I had taken a test on Friday and it was negative. So I was bummed, but thought to myself, it's just one month, not that big of a deal we'll just try again in September. Well then I woke up Sunday and hadn't started my period which is VERY weird for me. I am like clock work on my cycles and have been for a long time. So while I was in Amarillo Sunday afternoon, I got some pregnancy tests from Dollar Tree (was a little nervous about using a cheap pregnancy test, but I'm sold on them now) and took one and lo and behold it was positive. I started freaking out a little bit and doing a little happy dance. Then I went with another one of the coach's wives to watch practice. I wanted so badly to tell Billy right after practice when we were walking back to campus, but I didn't b/c there were lots of players/coaches around and I wanted it to be special. (In the mean time, I have called/texted some of my dearest friends who have been praying for me about having a baby for a long time, to make sure that I remembered correctly from nursing school and that there was very little chance that a positive pregnancy test would be wrong and they have all responded with excitement and reassurance that I am in fact really pregnant.) Just to be sure before I told Billy, I took 2 more tests and they both came up positive so I VERY anxiously waited for midnight thirty when he would be home. I had made Billy this really cute picture from that says I heart daddy on the bottom of it and I was going to write something cute and put it in the frame to tell him, but I didn't get by the pottery place before it closed on Saturday, and they aren't open on Mondays so I had to come up with a plan B because I was too excited to wait until Tuesday to tell him when I could get the frame. I ran to Wal-Mart and bought as gender neutral of a onesie as I could and a little bib that says I Love Daddy on the front of it and gave them to him along with a card. He's excited and having almost as hard of time as I am not saying anything to anyone. He did tell Coach Carthel today, and then when he told Coach he couldn't say anything to anyone until October, Coach told him that that's was going to be a mighty hard secret to keep, especially because I haven't told Cindy yet!! I told a friend today, May (which is when I am due) seems so far off!!! I know that the time will just fly by, but right now it seems lightyears away!

I saw my regular family doctor today, just for a well check, and I made sure to ask her and also my OB's office about special diet concerns with the vegan diet, and from what I had written down over the last 5 days in my food journal, Dr. B. looked at it and said as long as I was taking my prenatal vitamin that I am good.

Guess since it's 11:00pm I should be hitting the sack. Kind of hard to turn the excited switch off in my brain though!!

0 comments: