Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The joys of morning sickness

I must say, my morning sickness hasn't been too bad...however, mine doesn't hit me until I have been up about 4 hours or so and then it's pretty much non-stop until I go to bed. I am mostly just nauseous and then I usually have about a 20 minute period every evening where I seriously debate whether I am going to lose my dinner to not, but so far I haven't thrown up. I don't mind being nauseous as long as I don't throw up!! I am also a lot more tired this week than I have been. Not getting to sleep by like 2 1/2 hours last Friday really did me in. Thankfully I knew ahead of time I was going to be short on sleep and one of the girls at work volunteered to come in and work the 2nd half of my shift for me. Otherwise, I don't think I would have made it home Saturday morning, and there's no way I would have made it to the game on Saturday night.

We told my parents today and we mailed Billy's mom and step-dad's frame to them today. They should get it by the end of the week. We had originally said that we weren't going to tell until after we had been to the doctor, but we couldn't wait. It is killing Billy that his family doesn't know yet, because we know that his mom is going to be ecstatic!!! Hopefully she will catch on to what the pictures mean quicker than my parents did...I had to explain to my parents what the pictures meant. I made signs that said "Mimi & Papa--I can't wait to meet you in May." My dad thought it was a sign from the dogs saying they were coming to stay for awhile in May!! LOL Even after they saw the picture of the positive pregnancy test they still didn't get it. I just had to laugh. Of course they and my sister are so excited. I have to admit, it was nice to be able to sit down and talk and be excited about it with my mom. These are pictures of the signs that we made to tell our parents. I realized today that I go to the doctor 5 weeks from tomorrow, so that's really not that bad. It doesn't feel quite so far away as it did when we first found out.



Here's to another week down. Can't believe that I'll only be 7 weeks on Friday...it seems like it was such a long time ago that we found out!!

0 comments: