Monday, November 29, 2010

17 Weeks


How Far Along: 17 weeks
Size of Babies: 5 ounces and about the size of the palm of my hand
Wt. Gain/Loss: According to the scales at work, I gained 2 of the 22 I have lost back this last week which is a victory for me!
Clothes: Still in pre-pregnancy shirts and dresses, but maternity pants and the scrubs are getting less and less comfortable...
Gender: A boy and a girl
Movement: Haven't felt them move yet, but hoping to soon. I told Billy on the way to the airport this morning that hopefully they'll be moving where he can feel them by the time he gets back. He's on the road for 2 weeks straight. :(
What I Miss: Having energy...drinking endless amounts of Crystal Light
Sleep: Not so good this week. Only sleeping for 4-5 hours at a time and then I am up for at least a couple of hours...
Symptoms: headaches
Cravings/Dislikes: Chips and Hot Sauce and Crab Legs (thus we went to Red Lobster last night to celebrate my birthday so that I could get crab legs!!)
Best Moment: Having my hubby home to hang out with this week and talk about our hopes and dreams for these precious babies.

I took Billy to the airport this morning to fly to Mississippi to start recruiting. I'm bummed that he is going to be gone for 2 weeks straight, but thankful that he has a job and that we aren't on the job hunt right now. Thanksgiving was good. We had my family over and a couple of guys. We didn't set anything on fire (although I did come close with the first round of marshmallows on the sweet potatoes...) and it was pretty stress free. I work Thursday night and Saturday night. Kind of a glimpse into what is to come as far as my schedule goes after the first of the year and having split days. We are supposed to be getting our dresser and chest of drawers today and then hopefully our bed and night stand will be here in the next 2 weeks. (figures it would all come while Billy is out of town...) I'm just ready to get it in. How sad is it that I had to go back to the store where we got it the other day to look at it to remember what it looks like b/c it's been so long since we ordered it. We bought it the same weekend we found out I was pregnant which was 13 weeks ago!! Craziness!!! All of my Christmas is up minus making a garland for the window in the living room, finding something for one last shelf and re-doing my wreath on my front door. It's nice to be able to just relax today. I am going to go watch a movie and enjoy just being a bum!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

You look cute! I like your hair like that!

Erin said...

You look great!!!