Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon...

So I would definitely not consider myself a Twilight fanatic. I have read the first two books and would like to read the last two, but it's not life and death if I don't get to them immediately. However, I somehow managed to let myself get conned into going to the midnight premiere of the movie last night. Mind you, on a good day I have a hard time staying awake through an entire movie, let alone going to the movies after the week I've had and going to a movie that doesn't start until midnight...it would normally mean a recipe for disaster. I went with a bunch of the nurses I work with and we had a lot of fun. Some of us girls met before hand and hung out and then we met everyone else at the theatre. We got there about an hour before the movie started and needless to say that was a mistake. We ended up sitting on the second row. Praise the Lord I have a chiropractor appointment first this this morning b/c I need it after craning my head for 2 1/2 hours to watch a movie! The movie was good...much like the Harry Potter movies for me, where they aren't as good as the book, but they simply can't include all the detail that the book includes. I didn't like that the ending totally left us hanging. I don't like suspensful endings unless I can have the instant gratification of watching/reading the next part in the story immediately. Although I have NEVER in my life experienced motion sickness, I'm pretty sure that that's what I suffered from during the movie tonight. I simply listened to the last hour and a half of the movie b/c it made me sick to look at the screen. This was definitely probably a one time experience, but I can at least say that I have been to one midnight premiere!!

And I got my Christmas cards edited and ordered today so I feel better now!

0 comments: