Monday, November 16, 2009

November...so far!

Whew!! It's been a crazy month. Can't believe that it's already half over!!!! I guess I should finish catching up on my pictures from October and then move on to November. I never got my pictures up from our last home game, so here they are.

These are my wounded boys...hanging out on the sidelines before the game...this was right before we had the band blowing their trombones straight in our ears, so we all still had our hearing here!!

Billy and Renarko and his mom. One of our three seniors.

Me and Liz-the d-line coach's wife. She's from Kentucky and SOOOO much fun...even if she is a little loud sometimes!

Me and Stine--it was so good to see her that weekend. Totally jealous that she is headed to Barbados for two weeks for work. Wish my job sent me to Barbados for 2 weeks...such a rough life she leads!

Billy and I after the Tarleton State game. He was so excited, and so proud of his guys, as was I.

My friend Shanan's girls in their shirts that I made them. They are two of the most well behaved and precious little girls I have ever met.

My friend Shanan and I, whose hubby is the DC at Tarleton State.

This is Matt, one of our GA's this year, and Billy. Matt is part of our family, and definitely the favorite of the dog sitters if you ask Rocky and Boudreaux, b/c he can't resist their puppy dog eyes and gives them a treat everytime they come in the house I think!!! Matt lived with us for awhile this summer, and at one point, was going to be one of Billy's assistants...I personally still wish he was, but that's a whole different ball of wax that I won't get into! Anyways, Billy had to miss class one week to go speak at the booster club luncheon, so Matt filled in for him and gave his class their test. Well, one of Billy's students asked Matt if he was Billy's son b/c they look and talk just alike (according to this student mind you...). Matt told them he was and left it at that, so now all of Billy's students think that we have a college aged son. We have laughed A LOT about that story. I definitely don't look old enough to be Matt's mom and Billy definitely doesn't look old enough to be Matt's dad, even if Billy does have a little gray hair!!!

To catch up from where I left off, we beat Northeastern State 66-23 Halloween night. I didn't get to go b/c it was too far to drive, and b/c I had to work that night. I did watch most of the game at work though. My co-workers, two guys mind you, made fun of me for being so focused on the game and silent cheering and screaming since I couldn't yell at work! It was definitely an amusing experience for us all, and definitely proves that I am no good at listening to games on the radio, or watching them on TV.

The same day we beat Northeastern, ACU beat Kingsville, which set up perfectly for us to be co-champions in the south division, if we beat Tarleton State the next weekend. Well, we did beat Tarleton. It was a very exciting game, and much higher scoring than I think anyone expected. We won 49-35. (I think...I've slept since then...) It ended up being a 4 way tie for the south division champions. Who would have ever thought that we would have come back from being 1-5 to sharing part of the conference title? It was a great way to end the regular season. Billy's sister and her boyfriend and Billy's best friend Carlos all came down and met us in Stephenville. It was good to see them and fun to sit with someone different at a game, although, I definitely missed my girls as I was the only one around me cheering at some points in the game.

Before the game I got to meet up with Shanan and her family. They were all so sweet and her girls are absolutely precious. I must admit, seeing Shanan and Whitney with their girls this season has done NOTHING to help my baby bug! Good thing I didn't get to meet Mr. Rylan, or that might have sent me right over the edge!

The Thursday before the Tarleton game, we decided to feed the guys one last time before the regular season was over. (We feed them occasionally during the off season, but not near as often as we do during the regular season.) Well, this summer, I started buying meat when it was on sale to BBQ one night for the guys, and we decided this was going to be the night. I was planning on our usual 12 guys and then on Thur. morning as I am on my way to Sams, Billy calls me and tells me that not only is it the usual 12 guys, it's also, the red shirts and freshmen and the running backs...that put me at about 30...and I think there were only 5 guys that didn't show up. Needless to say, I had to rethink the plan a little bit. When it was all said and done, I had made a brisket, 4 racks of ribs, 12 pounds of BBQ chicken, 12 pounds of potato salad, a huge can of baked beans and four batches of brownies. I was pretty proud of myself, b/c I went into slight panic mode when he told me that there were going to be that many guys coming. And no, there were not any leftovers when it was all said and done. It was a lot of fun, but by the time they all left, I was exhausted and ready for bed!!!

This last week hasn't been anything too exciting outside of work and getting some great deals shopping! My friend Carissa and I have gotten about $750 dollars worth of clothes for right at $250. Can you say bargain shoppers!!! The other exciting news is that our guys will get to play one more game. They are playing in the Kanza Bowl in Topeka the first weekend in December. I also, was reminded why I don't listen to games on the radio. On Saturday, I got home from grocery shopping, and Tarleton was still playing, so I turned on the game on the computer to listen to it...little did I know it was going to send me into near heart failure. I still don't know how Shanan survived that one! Tarleton kicked and made a 64 yd. field goal to send the game into overtime and then won in the second overtime on a two-point conversion. Congrats to Tarleton and to ACU. It is so nice to not be playing each other anymore, and to just be able to yell and cheer for each other!!!

Billy left today to go to Mississippi for the week to recruit, thus once again making me a football widow. I thought I was going to be okay with it b/c I have lots to get done this week, but tonight when I crawled into bed, I laid there for over two hours trying to fall asleep and couldn't. Hope that's not a preview of the way the week is going to go. Hopefully I've got enough stuff going on to keep me busy, and that Saturday will be here and he'll be home before I know it.

The big thing to get done this week is to get my cabinet for my kitchen painted, the house cleaned for Thanksgiving, and to get all my Christmas decorations (minus my trees) up. I put my new tree together last night and while it is absolutely gorgeous, it is much wider than I thought and so it will definitely be a tighter squeeze in our living room than we planned once we get it put together. We are thinking we will probably have 10 or so guys over for Thanksgiving dinner, so that will be an adventure I'm sure. We've finally gotten smart and will simply be frying both turkeys this year instead of trying to bake one. The fried ones taste better anyways!!

That's all for now. Hopefully it won't be so long before I have time for another "real" update again.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I've commented twice and it's not working! Ugh! I think Billy needs a "feeding the o-line" stipend in his paycheck! Ha ha!

Shanan said...

Ok...I have been thinking lately that I need to do something with my hair and after seeing that picture I myself, I KNOW I need to!!! Ha ha! I despise my hair these days!!! Someone help!!!

Hope you are having a good week. I always hate the first week Cary is on the road recruiting. Ugh! I am not looking forward to it.

I agree with Whitney....Billy needs a stipend! You deserve an award for all that cookin' girl!!!