Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Catching Up...continued

So Thursday was also my birthday. I got lots of sweet messages from friends and appreciated them all. It was kind of a bummer though, because my birthday definitely took a backseat to Thanksgiving. My parents were so busy, they completely forgot about it, and Billy didn't go shopping until this weekend, so it was just kind of bleh! I have to say though, Billy got me the wise men for my nativity scene and I'm super excited to have them. I can't wait until I have enough birthdays for him to finish out my set. That's my yearly gift that I always get and then I usually get something else to go along with it.

In all the craziness with working on Friday and Saturday, I don't have my trees put up yet. That's on the list of things to do this week though. I should have time on Thursday to get them put up. Billy and I went to Hobby Lobby on Friday and got some decorations and then I went to Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby today to get the rest of the stuff for both trees. I can't wait to get it all put together. I have all of my garland up inside and my stockings and most of my gingerbread houses are out. I have to finish painting my hutch for my kitchen and I can put the rest of the stuff out. Hopefully I can get it all done on Thursday so that when I get back from Topeka it will all be done and I can just sit back and enjoy it.

In sitting and talking to the girls at work tonight, I think I've decided that if I do end up having to have shoulder surgery, I want to wait until May or June so that it's during the slow time at work and then I would have my whole summer to hang out and relax!!! I don't know if Dr. Parker would go for that, but it's always worth a try right???

Billy and I were talking tonight and he made a joke about our family being true Buffs b/c we are injury plagued!! :) Seems like every season we've been here, we've either lost major contributors, or they've had to play hurt all season. Billy has a follow up appt. for his back in the near future, so we'll see what Dr. Parker has to say. My suspicion is that he will refer Billy to a neurosurgeon. At which point, I am going to pull out the 'ol I'm a nurse and have a preference card so that hopefully he'll refer Billy to one of the neuros that I actually like.

Well, gotta go hang some Phenobarb...then it's home to bed!!! woo!hoo!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I agree! Surgery would be much easier for y'all in May! This is such a busy time during the year! Make sure you post pictures of your Christmas decor. I love seeing how different everyone decorates! My middle sister does all western and it's so different from my taste but oh' so cute!

Erin said...

A while back you asked about the picture instead of the title for your blog. Edit your header and select Instead of title and description. This will put the picture in place of a title. Also...Happy Birthday, I hope you had a wonderful day!