Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

Well, Christmas was pretty low key around here this year, and I think that I might like to continue that tradition. It made it a lot easier to focus on the reason for the season, and it was nice to have my husband all to myself for a few days. He left today to go to his mom's for a few days while I work. Bummed that I didn't get to go with him, but thankful to not have to ride in the car all the way there and back. Especially because it took him even longer than normal to get there because of the weather today. I ended up working Christmas Eve and Christmas, so we opened our stockings Christmas morning when I got home from work and then I crashed while Billy just hung out and relaxed. I got Billy the book The Blind Side and a gift card to Starbucks and he got me the stars that go with my nativity scene, a gift card to bath and body works, and my favorite gift was a new cowbell!!!! Anyone that has sat with me during a football game knows how I love my cowbell, but it's kind of quiet, so Billy got me a new one that is definitely going to be heard at games!!! :) We did Christmas with my family yesterday. We went and ate dinner at Cheddars and then went and watched The Blind Side. Even though my mom, my sister, Billy and I had all seen it, my dad really wanted to see it, so we all piled in a went to watch it. I loved it even more the second time, as did Billy. I was supposed to work tonight, but ended up getting left on-call (so far...there's still a few hours in the night) so my sister and Maycee came over and we watched movies and just hung out. It was a nice low key night. That's about it for around here. I gotta hit the sack b/c I have to get up in three hours to get ready to go to physical therapy. Remind me again why I scheduled it for 7:30 on a Monday morning???

1 comments:

Whitney said...

I just to have a cowbell when Jason was at Wichita Falls HS. Our head coaches wife now (her husband was the OC there) told me after we moved her that she wouldn't sit with me b/c of the cowbell! I rang it all the time! Ha! Needless to say, I didn't bring it with me to ACU! :)

Glad you had a good, low key Christmas! I can't wait until our girls trip! We're going to have a blast! We need to get it planned! I'll do whatever I need to! Do you want me to send out a msg?