Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Buffs Win!!

Well, our seniors won their last game at the Bro. We beat Angelo State 43-15. We FINALLY looked like ourselves last night. It was a good win for both the players and coaches. I was sad that I didn't get to meet my friend Erin, whose hubby is the DC for Angelo, but thought it was funny that the only thing our husbands talked about after the game Saturday was how we knew each other and talked and texted all the time!! I have loved becoming friends w/ other wives in our conference, but it makes having to play those teams just that much worse!! It's also nice though, because we have all been in that spot before where we were either on the winning or losing end, so we understand what the other one is going through.

Saturday was senior/parent day, so we recognized the seniors before the game and had the parents meet and greet also. It was sad to see all of our seniors lined up out there b/c most of them were Freshmen Billy and I's first season, so we have gotten to really know and love these kids. It's always bittersweet to see them leave, but at the same time, we know that they are going to be on to bigger and better things. I was hoping that with Ioane and J'Marcus leaving our grocery bill to feed the guys wouldn't be so big, but I'm pretty sure that that is wishful thinking. It was lots of fun to see these guys get recognized and to see the appreciation the fans had for how hard these guys have worked the last couple of years. It will be weird to see different numbers lining up for us next year and for sure will be odd to know that Keithon and J'Marcus aren't coming back. Hopefully we will be watching them play on Sunday next year though.

My friend Stine was here for the weekend. We didn't do anything just really exciting, but it was nice to just hang out and get to spend time w/ her since we haven't seen each other in awhile. Friday we really didn't do much except cook for the boys and take our Christmas card picture and then on Saturday we went and helped my mom w/ her craft show for a little bit and then came home and went to the game. Poor Stine, she's been out in the wilderness for the last six months, so she was WAY over stimulated at the game Saturday, but we had fun and took a cute picture (which I will post once I get my camera back from my husband...). Saturday night after the game we had our after game party at the Carthel's and it was a lot of fun. There was lots of laughing and cutting up and the team chiropractor came and was doing adjustments on everyone. I was still so sore from my adjustment on Friday that I opted out, but it was fun none-the-less. She left to head to Sanger on Sunday morning when I left for church. I get to see her again in December, so that date can't get here soon enough in my book!

I thought I was going to have to work on Sunday, but as it turns out, I didn't, so I ended up getting to go to the Haunted House after all. It was not scary to me, but then I think I just automatically go into the frame of mind that it's all fake before I even walk in the door, so it doesn't bother me (however, the toilet that splashed us w/ who knows what and the vine that hung down that we so lovingly named the swine vine did disgust me a little bit). Billy's freshmen guys on the other hand...they were freaking out and it was hilarious. They fought the whole time over who was going to lead the way and then when I ended up in front, they were moving so slow that I kept having to stop and wait. I gave up and went to the back of the line and then spend the rest of the time laughing at all of them. It was a lot of fun and I was proud of myself for not freaking out when the guy w/ the 9 ft. python came and stood next to me. I don't do snakes and was NOT impressed. Billy didn't believe me that it was real until after booster club yesterday and he heard everyone else talking about it being real.

This week the guys go up to play Northeastern Oklahoma State. I am not making the trip. I will instead be at work(hopefully) taking care of kids and trying to watch the game at the same time. Pretty sure that I am going to have to break the rules and wear "non" NWTHS apparel to work under my sweatshirt so as to show my support for the Buffs!!

Nothing else exciting going on really. I'll post pictures from this past weekend once I get my camera back from Billy and hopefully the rest of the week will go as smoothly as the first part has gone. Still waiting to hear anything about the truck. The guy that is working on it for us went to Abilene and got it for us on Saturday and I talked to him at booster club yesterday and they were going to start breaking it down yesterday afternoon, so hopefully in the next couple of days we will hear something.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

Did all the coaches go to the Haunted House? I can't believe you didn't scream when you saw the snake! I would have but haunted houses don't really bother me either! I haven't been to one in forever! Y'alls staff does so much together! That is so FUN!