Sunday, October 18, 2009

We Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update: The chiropractor thinks I partially tore my rotator cuff...so excited about that, let me tell ya. Just thankful that that's all it is.

I was so proud of our guys yesterday. They stuck it out in a well played game and beat the #1 team in the country in ACU. The final score was 32-21. It was definitely a battle of defenses. Both teams lost a lot of firepower on offense last year, but both of our defenses are much improved this year which is evident by the fact that the score was only 32-21 and not 93-68 like it was the last time we played!! It is the first time we have truly seen our guys smile after a game this season. As I predicted we were in t-shirts and shorts getting sunburned. The weather channel said it was only supposed to be 72, but I'm pretty sure it made it into the 80's.

Saturday didn't start out so well. I had a wreck in the truck. I ran a red light and hit a guy. Thankfully no one was hurt. Now hopefully they will be able to fix the truck and not total it out b/c if they total it out, I am afraid we are going to end up upside down on it and be in trouble. I am definitely feeling the effects of it today though. I am sore from head to toe. I'm going to the chiropractor in the morning and the team doc wrote me a prescription for a muscle relaxer yesterday, so I am going to try and take one tonight and see if it helps. The true test will be when I go back to work tomorrow night.

The Lord never ceases to amaze me. In the last couple of months I have become friends w/ several wives from other teams in our conference. I am the person who always asks the Lord, why did you place this person in my life? Why did I have an encounter with them and what is the purpose for this relationship? Well, I know why I am friends w/ Whitney (whose hubby is the DC at ACU). I was actually going to meet her for breakfast yesterday morning when I had my wreck. She was so gracious and came and stood w/ me while we took care of everything and then came and got me and took me to lunch and let me hang out w/ her and her sweet girls until time to go to the game.

I had fun hanging out w/ my sister on Friday and the bus ride home last night wasn't so bad. It was a little uncomfortable just b/c my adrenaline had worn off and I was starting to feel the effects of the wreck, but we watched Any Given Sunday, a Mike Tyson documentary and The Longest Yard on the way home. The Mike Tyson documentary was quite amusing I must say.

Now for another week back at work. I'm not really very excited about it, but hey, who is excited to go to work everyday. We play our last home game this weekend against Angelo State and my friend Stine is coming to stay w/ me for the weekend so that will be fun. I'm sad that I have to miss the annual trip to the haunted house next Sunday with the team. I'm not a big fan of haunted houses, but I love to stand outside and watch all the guys go through on the video camera and to watch them come out the door. It's always hilarious to watch. Two years ago, our offensive coordinator crawled through part of it he was so scared. It was quite amusing to watch. That's about all that is going on with us, so here's a few pictures from the weekend.

Our HC wife Cindy, their daughter Courtney and her daughters Kylee and Kyler at the game on Saturday.

The final score!!

Me and Camille soaking up the sunshine after freezing last week!!

All my o-line guys celebrating after the game.


0 comments: