Friday, October 23, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Bars


So these are the oatmeal chocolate bars that I got attacked over 2 weeks ago for and then again this week!! I've included pictures since I actually thought to take some tonight. They were super good and definitely one of my new favorite desserts.

Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
Mix:
2 eggs
2 sticks of softened butter
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda

Blend well then add:
2 c flour
3 c oats
Mix well and press 3/4 of mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. (I put parchment paper in the bottom of my pans tonight and I would definitely recommend doing that. It made the clean up easier and they were much easier to get out of the pan and cut.)

After you have that in the bottom of the pan, in a small sauce pan over med. heat, melt together
6 oz. chocolate chips
1 stick of butter
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 tsp of vanilla

When that's all melted, pour it in the pan over the oatmeal crust. Then take the remaining 1/4 of the crust mixture and crumble it up over the top of the chocolate. Bake in the over on 350 for 30-40 minutes. You don't want the middle to be runny when they are done. I bake mine for 37 min. Let them cool for at least an hour before you cut into them, that way if the chocolate is still a little gooey, it won't run every where. Tonight I just pulled them out of the pan using the parchment paper and then cut them on the paper and it worked great.


To finish off the post I'll leave you with a preview of our Christmas card. This is NOT the picture we are going to use, b/c of course, not everyone is looking at the camera in this one, but the one we are using is a great one.

My friend Stine is here for the weekend, so I'm going to go finish watching Drumline w/ her. Still don't know anything about the truck and my shoulder feels a little better...we'll see if it survives a whole game of ringing my cowbell tomorrow night! Have a great weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Yummmo... anything with that much butter has to be delish! I love the Christmas card idea!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness...I am drooling right now, those look amazing! I have been on a sweets kick so I didn't need to see that recipe! Your Christmas card is going to be so cute, what a great idea!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Those look so yummy!!! I want to eat one now!