Friday, October 9, 2009

Show us your life: Tailgates and Favorite Teams

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting Tailgates and Favorite Teams and that is right up our alley!!

My husband coaches football, so of course I am a huge fan, however, my dad enstilled a love for sports of all kinds in me at an early age. Dad is a HUGE Cowboys fan and so I grew up watching football on Sundays every fall and grew to absolutely love it.

Billy currently coaches at WT. Our mascot is the buffalo and we have a real live buffalo that leads the team out on to the field for every home game. It's one of my favorite traditions at WT.


This next picture is a picture of Billy (the coach in the center) and all of his guys. I love that his guys make him look tiny!!

This is me and Miss Maci!! She got to cheer at halftime of one of Billy's games and I loved that I got to be there to watch her.

So, this was supposed to be our Christmas card picture last year, but thanks to a stingy photographer who wanted to charge me $6 a card it didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying a fair price, but $600 for 100 Christmas cards was a little excessive. We're going to try for round two this year...

Billy and two of his seniors and their families from last year. Devo (70) is Billy's grad assistant this year.

Because Billy is always coaching or recruiting when we are at games, we've only watched one game together that wasn't on TV. This was last year at the Tech/Baylor game. It was a lot of fun to watch Billy actually enjoy watching a game.


I graduated from UMHB, so of course I am a HUGE Crusader fan and being from Louisiana, Billy is a big LSU fan.

My favorite tailgating foods have to be fried Oreos and roasted corn. We have a huge tailgating area out at the stadium and I love to go visit with everyone and just people watch!!

GO BUFFS!!!!!!!!! Beat Eastern!!

1 comments:

Val said...

I love fried oreos - I missed them this year at the fair - we may hve to drive to your game for some!