Sunday, October 11, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Update: I added more pictures at the bottom from the weekend...enjoy!

Well, we survived last night. Thankfully one of the other coaches wives offered to let my great niece play at her house w/ Huston and the babysitter while we were at the game, b/c I don't know that Emaree would have made it through the whole game. As it was, all the big people were frozen by the time it was over and done w/. I'm pretty sure that it was right at or below freezing for the entire game. As you can tell from the picture, we all look like little abominible snow people. We laughed b/c when we first got to the game, we didn't know who any one was b/c everyone was so bundled up you couldn't see anyone's face. What is going to be really funny, is when we are all in tank tops and shorts next weekend b/c it is so hot when we play. Nothing like the good 'ol Texas panhandle for ya!

We won 34-24 and it was great to watch the guys rush the hill at the end to pick up the wagon wheel. It was also nice to see them smiling after the game. The highlight for me was when one of Billy's guys picked up a fumble and ran it for a 5 yard gain. I love it when our o-line guys get to do fun things like that...I don't like the fumbles though...However, the highlight for the rest of the crowd was when they introduced Keithon in the starting line-up. He is a fan favorite and has been hurt all year and this is the first game he got to play in. The crowd went nuts when they introduced him. Next weekend we play Abilene Christian. It's going to be a tough game for sure, but I'm excited to go stay w/ my sister and paint pottery w/ her. It will be fun. Enjoy the pictures from our night spent in the sub arctic temperatures!!

My favorite float!! The sign in the back says "Future Sigma Nu"

All of the coaches wives freezing together!!

My sister-in-law and I freezing our tookis' off together!

Now tell me that that sweet face doesn't just melt your heart...it's my great niece Emaree who came to visit this weekend w/ Billy's sister!!

Me and Rocky on Sunday morning...tried to get one w/ Boudreaux, but of course he was freaking out and wouldn't hold still long enough to take a picture...typical Boudreaux.

My best effort at getting Emaree to smile. Note her morning after afro she's sporting!!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Congrats on your win! It was cold at our game but not 1/2 as cold as your it sounds like! I hate cold weather! It's just not for me!

So what did you make that the guys loved so much? You must share! You're so goooood to feed them every week!

When are y'all painting pottery? Maybe we could meet on Friday for lunch if you will already be in town, since Saturday will be crazy busy with homecoming stuff going on!

Shanan said...

Your little neice is adorable! Congratulations on the win!!! I can't believe how cold it was there. I thought we were cold, but we didn't have to bundle up like that so I guess we weren't as cold as yall! What was the temperature? Hope you have a good week! Thanks for your text messages last night, I was having heart failure!!

Val said...

Too funny about the Kazoobies - you are going to have to tell me where to get those - we had a guy Friday night I would to have loved to aim at!! :) Yeah I'm on facebook - Valerie Copeland-Garrett - looke me up!!

On and your niece is just too cute - I could eat on those cheeks all day!! Both my girls had chubby cheeks and still do a little and I love them!

Katy said...

HI, just saw you had joined my Over the Moone store. Thanks!! I checked out your blog and you are living in my area! I am from Pampa originally. My sister in law played volleyball at WT and my brothers play football at Eastern. Thanks for checking out my store!

Whitney said...

You're so funny! What did you dream?