Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week in Review...

So I ended up making ice cream sandwiches for the guys. I bought the already made chocolate chip cookies at Sams and then put vanilla ice cream in between them. I usually only do dessert/snack stuff on Friday nights b/c it's 10:00 by the time they are meeting and so they usually are trying to wind down on the eating end of things by that time...whatever "wind down" means...pretty sure it's not the same in my vocab as theirs seeing as how J'Marcus and Shaun both had 2 Big Mac meals in their hands as they walked in the door for meetings that night.

When we have them over on Thursdays, their favorite meal is burritos. I have done chili, chicken spaghetti (easiest recipie in the world by the way...), hamburgers and hotdogs and BBQ over the course of the last 3 years, but burritos is what they always ask for if given the option. I would love to do something easy like a mexican casserole or something, but one casserole in an 11x17 pan feeds about 3 guys, so to feed all 26 that's a lot of casseroles and I can only do 2 at a time in my mini-oven. My neighbor and one of my players mom's are going to warm up casseroles for me this next time though, so we'll see how it goes. Then for the last one right before Christmas we are going to do BBQ. I have 6 racks of ribs and a brisket in the freezer so I've got to get one more brisket and then start stocking up on sausage. Always an adventure cooking for them. I still say that that is the reason that God put me on the kitchen staff my first summer at camp, b/c after cooking meals for 500+ people at a time on a daily basis, cooking for these guys is nothing! I'm excited for Thanksgiving to get here. I always love that meal, b/c it's not as many guys and they stay and hang out for a good portion of the afternoon and it's always a lot of fun.

We lost last night to Midwestern. It rained for a good portion of the game which always makes the passing game interesting. Injuries are eating our lunch right now. We have something like 10 starters out right now. Over half of them are gone for the season... This coming Saturday is homecoming which means Fair on the Square. I couldn't be more excited. Lots of shopping and good food...what more could a girl want!! Billy's sister and our great niece are going to be here on Friday and stay for the weekend. Hopefully we'll be a little drier than we were last year. It POURED last year at homecoming and so we were all soaked for the majority of the game. We play Eastern New Mexico so I'm going to make a cake w/ a wagon wheel on it for the big wagon wheel game. We've kept the wagon wheel for the last couple of years and I know that they guys really want to hang onto it this year.

We got to see Charly Martin last night at the game. He is on the practice squad for the Carolina Panthers and w/ this being their off week, he got to come to the game last night. It was good to see him, and as always he had us all laughing w/ his stories of training camp.

I am learning how to knit right now. I'm making a cute scarf for one of my "nieces". It's pretty dang cute if I do say so myself. It was a successful weekend for me in the grand scheme of things as I FINALLY got all of my pictures uploaded to my website and I gave myself a pedicure which I was in bad need of. Now I have cute toenails that look like candy corn.

Guess I need to get off of here and go to bed. I'm excited that it's going to be cool this week b/c that means that I can start making soups. First on the list is definitely a huge batch of tortilla soup. I LOVE that stuff and it's so easy to make.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Sounds like our defense in 2007. We lost 5 secondary players in the first few weeks! It's was not good! Most were out for the season. Injuries stink! I will pray for your sister and her car! Does she work at the United by ACU? We used to go there all the time and the sweetest lady works there that has a speech impetiment. She is always soooo sweet to my girls! I feel so bad for her that she was never able to recieve speech therapy as a child! She is so kind!

Shanan said...

I don't know if you have checked out this website or not
http://www.hungry-girl.com/
but if you sign up then they will send you emails with all kinds of yummy things and it gives you weight watchers points with each thing. They also compare a lot of diet foods and tell you which one is better! This is such a hard time of year to be strict on what you eat, but you can do it! Too bad we don't live closer, I need an accountability workout partner....my workouts are NONEXISTANT!!!! Good luck this weekend! My fingers will be crossed that you all will hold on to that Wheel!